Response & Updates
27/07/2021 Covid-19 Update
We are open!
- Reopening of centres (all amenities) as of standard opening times on Wednesday, 28 July
- 24/7 not available Wednesday AM, but available as of Wednesday PM
- Reduced capacities (1 person per 8sq m) in all spaces. We will not implement a ‘Book Your Spot’ system. We encourage people to attend at non-peak times if possible (9am – 4pm). Covid Marshals will actively monitor numbers, and in a small minority of cases, you may need to wait before accessing the gym/pool.
- Group fitness class occupancies have been lowered (1 person per 8sq m). Bookings via the YMCA SA App are essential for all dryland and aquatic classes. Please be punctual to class start times as late entry will not be permitted.
- Gym memberships will automatically resume on Wednesday. Details below regarding the St Clair catch up debit planned for Thursday, 29/07.
- Mask wearing is required before and after exercise. Please bring a mask. All other COVID-19 best practice procedures will be in place (see website for details).
The below make up debit only applies to St Clair
Your last membership debit was on the 8th of July for the period 08/07 – 21/07. We were unable to open on the 20th and 21st, so owe you two days from this period.
We did not run our usual debit on the 22nd of July, which is for the period of 22/07 – 04/08. Aligned to opening tomorrow (28/07), we were closed for 6 days of this period.
As such, we will run the catch up debit this Thursday, 29th of July. The debit will be a pro-rata amount for 6 days worth of access (14 day period minus the 2 days owed from the previous period and the 6 days of closure from this period).
Your last membership debit was on 15/07 for the period 15/07 - 28/08. The centre was open from the 15th - 19th (5 days of this period). As such, the direct debit on 29/07 will be adjusted to reflect a 5 day pro-rata amount.
If you need a bit more time before you're comfortable to return, please submit your suspension request online (standard suspension terms apply). CLICK HERE.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- COVID Marshals will be on duty during staffed hours to ensure all aspects of our centres COVID Safe Plans are adhered to.
- As required, classes and programs may be slightly modified to be COVID safe. Examples include reduced occupancies, changes to delivery to reduce contact and ensure social distancing, reduced equipment sharing and increased cleaning of equipment.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains are only available for filling water bottles.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.